Adopting from us
Thank you for your interest in our adoption process. We welcome your applications for adoption for our fosters.
Here are the steps we take in processing your application:
- Once we receive your completed application (online form preferred), it is submitted to our adoption selection committee for consideration
- You will then be contacted by our foster coordinator, who will let you know the status of your application
- If your application is accepted, we will perform a homecheck
- Once you have passed the home inspection, we ask for the dog’s adoption fees. Our foster coordinator will let you know the easy options to pay these
The BCCR will keep your application on file for one year. Many times we will get several applicants for one dog, so if it does not work out with this dog, please keep in mind that you can reapply for a different dog on our website.
We are sorry, but we cannot adopt outside BC or the Pacific Northwest nor fly a dog to any location (unless the dog being fostered is in the same State/Province as adopter). For dogs needing homes in your area, please check out rescue links.
- Fill out our online application. This is the quickest and most efficient way to apply – click here
- Download our application in a “doc” format (MS Word format) – click here
- Download our application in a “rtf” format (other word processors/editors) – click here
Surrendering Your Dog
Looking to surrender your dog? Need more information? Click here to learn more. Thank you so much for choosing rescue. We look forward to hearing from you!
Connect with us
BC Chihuahua Rescue
PO Box 37046
Country Club PO
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N4
BN# 85184 2831 RR0001